Pheasant Run Golf Club is looking for an experienced food an beverage manager to manage day-to-day food and beverage operations within the café as well as events including weddings, tournaments and meetings. The ideal candidate is a team player who comes with food & beverage as well as event operations experience.
Pheasant Run has been under the same ownership and management for over 40 years and attracts very stable management and staff. We have an established reputation for high standards in every area of service, including foodservice. Our retiring F&B manager has been here for over 20 years!
Our vision is to provide a place to build relationships and promote the development of our community, colleagues and friends through the core values of golf.
Our mission is to be the most desirable golf experience in our region by creating an atmosphere of ‘Excitement, Warmth and Fun’ for our customers and staff
Job Description & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning and execution of events from start to finish. Events include weddings, corporate meetings, social events and golf tournaments.
- Provide expertise to clients in the areas of meeting room setups and capacities, food and beverage arrangements, audio visual needs and all other specifics relevant to the client’s needs.
- For weddings, day-of coordination is required, in order to ensure smooth and accurate execution. Meeting with clients on evenings and weekends may be required.
- Coordinate and communicate verbally and in writing with customer regarding event details.
- Manage all deposits, follows up with customer post-event, and distributes final invoices.
- Maintain a good working relationship with local community, vendors and industry partners
- Other administration duties, such printing menus, labels and signage.
- Manage the food and beverage staff including hiring, scheduling and training kitchen, serving, and event staff.
- Place applicable supply orders and work with the head chef on inventory items needed for upcoming events and day to day café stock.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum of two years previous experience in a similar role.
- Planning and event management. Must have wedding planning experience
- A diploma or degree in Hospitality and Tourism or Event Planning would be considered an asset
- Must have previous experience working in food and beverage service industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Tee-on POS knowledge an asset
- The ability to pick up and become proficient in new software and technology systems
- Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Flexible winter work schedule
- Access to staff golfing program
- Access to staff meal program
- Competitive hourly wage + opportunity to earn gratuity
This is an hourly, year-round position although the golf course is closed during the winter months. During the winter months, managing wedding and event inquiries and assisting in any planning is required. Our busiest season being from May to October.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Pheasant Run Golf Club team, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.